Thursday 23 October 2008

My Tattoo

The latest and probably the only excitement in my life right now is my new tattoo. After a lot of contemplation, opposition and persuasion, I finally got it done last month. Have been a little busy lately so haven't had the time to blog about it. But yeah following were the tiresome steps involved in getting my dear little tattoo etched on my lower tummy:
1. Being sure about the tattoo (took about a month)
2. Narrowing down on the design (2 minutes, i had a dream about the tattoo. So that made this aspect easier. I let my subconscious mind rule over my conscious)
3. Getting a nod from important friends (1 day)
4. Persuading my parents (never really happened)
5. Arranging for the money (1 month)
6. Getting the tattoo etched (1 hour)
7. Feeling good about the tattoo (Ever since)

Ah yes, I still feel proud of the tattoo and hope it remains so for the rest of my life. Now, a little about what the tattoo looks like and what it means.
The tattoo is an image of myself. It's me, through my eyes. It's a little girl sitting all alone on a rock. She's looking into the blue sea. She has two young, yet strong, wings. She is undecided about plunging into the water and exploring the world under water or taking a flight to catch a glimpse from above the rest of the world. She's been thinking forever. She is 'happy-sad' about being indecisive. Happy because she can just sit forever and cherish this moment before making a choice and sad about having to make the choice.

Cool na?

5 comments:

Gentle Whispers said...

I bet I wasn't one of those 'important' friends

Ace said...

yeah! me neither! :P Btw, why haven't you posted a picture of the tattoo? (How much did it hurt?)

Mynie said...

@gentlewhispers
Of course you are important and you know how important...
@ace
It hurt a lot, i mean A LOT

Ace said...

awesome tattoo! good concept! NICE!

Ace said...

The angel in the tattoo has no clothes on. Wow you get nudie dreams! :P Btw, are your parents ok now that they have seen the tattoo? and how much did it cost? Why did it take you a month to arrange for the money?