Wednesday 1 April 2009

Mannat

This one is for one of my very close friends AD, who passed away last October. I am certain she still checks my blog and has a hearty laugh from up there.

A,
You know what I had to do today? Stand outside YOUR Shah Rukh's Mannat from 5 pm to 8 pm in the hope that either Sourav, Buchanan or he would come out to update us, the byte-hungry, demented, jobless media about the ongoing KKR controversy. You know what it is about, right? Yeah. So, there I was burning myself away in the heat and sweating myself away like a pig when I could have been chilling my ass in a pretty cool pool tournament. But such is life.
Anyway, all along I hoped for your SRK to come out to speak because then I could have told you how he looks, smiles, waves, speaks, walks in real life. But that was not to be. Forget Shah Rukh, not even his dog Hippo came out to greet us. We just stood there, saw the sun go down into the sea, saw his house light up and also saw Dada storm away to the airport from Mannat.
If you still carried a phone, I would have called you a hundred times to update you about all what happened and curse your King Khan for being so heartless to not even offer us water. I would have gone on for less than five minutes and then heard you go on for half an hour in his defence. But I couldn't do any of that.
Such, also, is life.

9 comments:

Gentle Whispers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gentle Whispers said...

A pops into my head at the most random moments. And especially when it's somethng to do with SRK.

I thought of her when I watched Shah Rukh walk down the ramp at the LFW, with his gold and black sling and I could almost hear her gush about how uber cool he was even with his arm in a sling. And how nobody else could have carried it off but him.

I thought of her when I read The Zoya Factor and I thought of how A would have jumped on the opportunity to prove to us how King Khan was the biggest name in Bollywood and how the book just reinforced that.

I think I'd have borne with the non-stop Shah Rukh praise just to have her in front of me again.

Life really does suck.

Mynie said...

@gentle whispers
Hmmph... How I agree!

Right-Wing-Lunatic said...

I don't know the person you mention but she surely must have been special to inspire such a poignant post

Mynie said...

@#
Yes, she indeed was very very special. And i think she was so to everyone around her. Maybe she was too good to be amongst us.

Arcopol Chaudhuri said...

this post is touching. so gently u made me realise how close u were to ur friend and I cant wait for the post when u really meet him. ur friend wud be delighted to take some time out from the heavens and visit ur blog. some cosmic connection that will be!

.....SPORTS IN VALLEY.... said...

.................

Mynie said...

@Arcopol
Yeah I believe in cosmic connections when it suits me!
:-)

.....SPORTS IN VALLEY.... said...

@mynie only when it suites u