Monday 14 January 2008

Longing

It's been really long that I've visited this space. Have been caught up with commitments, with work, with college, with life. I seem to have lost touch with myself, in many ways. I hardly have the time to think about My health, My body, My hobbies, My sleep, Myself. I have been lost in a world where there's only room for making sensible decisions, taking the right paths, no room to wander, discover or simply while away time. It's a mechanical way of living. It's been so long that I have sung a poem, since I have strolled the streets without a thing to worry or strain about. It has been so long since I have walked oblivious to everything around me. Walked just staring at the moon and the stars. Walked alone, hand in hand with myself! I long for solitude, long to stay away from the crowd. Eat my popcorn when I want to eat it, and not wait for the rest of the world to join me. Watch a movie without having to find company. Wander the whole night and not return home, and still have no compulsion of justifying my absence.
I want to be selfish, just think about myself and not the minutest life around me.

4 comments:

Ace said...

I guess many of us go through and hence can relate to what you have to say in the post. You do wish to be your own best friend, and have your own space-time without any intrusion. There is nothing wrong in wanting to be selfish at times. And from what I've seen and known about you, you are very much your own person. 'What is this life if full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.' Right?
Your post reminds me of a couple of similar articles my mother had written. Well written and well expressed, Mynie!

Gentle Whispers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gentle Whispers said...

I guess this is where I come in and say, Be more like me!!

Seriously though, I totally empathise. I often wish I could just get up and go. Do whatever the hell I want, whenever I want and however I want. Such liberating thoughts. And a s for being selfish, I think you've earned the right to be selfish more than anybody else I know and I hope you know what I mean.

Gentle Whispers said...

But then again, you always know what I mean don't you???