Friday 8 February 2008

Wish List

How I wish the world thought the way I did. Things would be simpler, life much more meaningful.
I wish to climb the tallest peaks in the world to feel the thin air, to feel the coldness, to touch the snow, to feel the ache in the legs and feet below from the strenuous journey.
I wish to fly across oceans and dip into the waters whenever thirst beckons, drink the sweet water from the oceans and rush to the moon. The moon seems like a place that holds all the goodness, all the purity, all the good people. Maybe it's my fantasy, maybe it's true.
I also wish to buy all the sweets in the world and give them away to all the bitter people in an attempt to sweeten them. Don't know how it helps, don't whether it does at all.
I wish there were people who could walk on stilts all their lives, I would be one of them!
I wish I still had my pet - Oink. I would never have left home.
I wish all the stars could be counted.
I wish the sky was dark though the day and night.
I wish the elephants could run real fast.
I wish the world used pencils rather than pens.
I wish all the food in the world came for free.
I wish all the people I loved never got upset with me.
I wish I never cried.
I wish snakes were harmless.
I wish the nights were less scary.
I wish I could sleep on all nights.
I wish I kept travelling all through my life.
I wish I could just run away.
I wish I didn't have to answer anyone.
I wish I didn't have to miss anyone or anything.
How I wish.....

3 comments:

Gentle Whispers said...

Well, you know what they say right, If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Ace said...

This is probably your sweetest post. For the first time, you come across as a conventionally 'cute' person. :P

1. Your wanting elephants to run fast seemed cute and silly, but after you explained why, I have to say it is indeed thoughtful.

2. I wish all the people I loved never got upset with me. - Awww!

3. Sweets..hmm..I need a transformation badly...Bengali sweets/Strawberry custard here please.

4. The stilts thing is quite understandable. :P

5. After reading your post, I've decided to take down all my notes and do all my homework in pencil, no kidding, absolutely.

and, finally,

6. Oink Oink!

:-)

Ace said...

I wrote an exam entirely in pencil yesterday, for the first time since third grade. That makes it 16 years! That I messed it up is a different story, that's something I always do in the first test of every semester. But yeah, in pencil. And pencil it is going to be from now on; class notes, homeworks and exams - all, thanks to your post. :-)