Friday 4 May 2007

Alfredism!

Alfredism of the day:

Now, picture this. Both, me and Alfred are in the office cabin, we have to share one, my fate!!! It's post lunch, and I feel like a quick nap - may be for a good quarter of an hour, plus there isn't much work load, so i really can manage that. I get into the cosiest possible position in the available tiny little space, rest my head on the desk and before I realise, I'm deep into my nap. I even remember a dream from it, something about a great dessert. And.......the next thing I sense is a hand on my right shoulder. The first thought that struck me was, "Oh shit! it's my boss! I'm screwed!". Then i hear our dear friend Alfred, " Mini, let's listen to music".

I'm left speechless but I still manage to squeeze words out of my mouth carefully filtering out abuses, now that was tough! How could any human being with even quarter of a brain wake up a soul sweet as me (!) from a deep slumber and suggest something as stupid as that? Given the fact that we have NO music system in the cabin except a laptop that doesn't even belong to us!

He amazes me! Alfred! Phew!

3 comments:

Ace said...

I was about to ask what was so 'Alfredic' about suggesting listening to music to refresh yourself till I read that last line about there being no source of music, unless he had an ipod/MP3 player/pocker radio. Yeah can imagine how difficult it must have been for you to filter out the expletives after being rudely disturbed from your 'beauty slumber'. :P
That 'sweet soul' thing was a bit too much to digest!You were kidding right? ;)

Ace said...

*pocket radio

Gentle Whispers said...

hmmmm.. i think maybe he meant ur cell n also... now im really glad i didnt get it.. otherwise i would have 2 work wid Alfred too!!!!!!!