Monday 29 October 2007

My Silver

The shimmering silver of the moon allures me.
It invites me;
More than the glittering gold of the sun.
For, the moon's rays gleam with coldness;
A coldness that's warm.

He watches me when I'm shrouded in dark;
Keeps me from dangers,
Warns me from the untold.
Many a lonesome nights have passed by his side;
Nights of low, nights of high.

And tonight, I sit beaneath him
Amidst the sifting sand;
Faced by pristine, white waves
Which I fear could engulf me.
The waters froth at my feet,
Giving me a taste of their mirth.

4 comments:

Ace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ace said...

Remember that moonlight is nothing but sunlight reflected by the moon. So, the shimmering silver that you see is nothing but the glittering gold itself, only more subdued, and infinitely more soothing. :)
Loved the poem, especially the line 'A coldness that's warm'. I am guessing you thought of this on the beach at Ganpati Pule.
Good to have you back blogging. Please don't stop. :)

Gentle Whispers said...

Hmmm.. i know the moon has its own particular magic..

nice to have u back...