Wednesday 11 June 2008

Missing and all that

There are quite a lot of things happening with life as of now - new job, new people, newspaper (!), queer work times - which means a lot of adaptation. I don't know whether I completely like my job or not. It's not bad, so to say. But it doesn't give me the cheap thrills that college gave. I can't say what it was that college gave, that made it so special. Maybe it was the people, maybe the schedule, maybe the way I lead life. There was an awesome level of comfort, something I have never found elsewhere. So, this post is about that - how much I miss college, Wilson College, and how difficult it is becoming to get over it.
I miss the ancient Victorian structure, and the lovely beach that faces it.
I miss the walks on the beach whenever there was a free/off lecture.
I miss the experience of the last benches.
I miss my pretty, very pretty friends.
I miss my ugly enemies.
I miss my teachers, the ones who didn't know even one tenth of what I know (or so I'd like to believe!)
I miss Sudhakar Solomonraj or Suddhu as we like to call him, who knew everything there was to know.
I miss his hand-outs, the songs he played.
I miss the Nature Club.
I miss the Nature Club's annual exhibitions that meant a week's sleeplessness.
I miss the Nature Club treks, which I would like to believe are the best treks in the world.
I miss the festivals, which needed so much work to be done.
I miss the Principal's inane speeches.
I miss abusing the 'system'.
I miss going against the authorities.
I miss the canteen that served 'Wilson samosas', the only item on the menu that I liked.
I miss whiling away time in classrooms.
I miss staring out of the class window into nothingness.
I miss the running late for lectures (though there weren't many that I walked in late for).
I miss the hearty laughs over some stupid joke.
I miss the projects.
I miss the fights that they ensued.
I miss the films we made.
I miss 'The Clarion', our fortnightly newsletter which helped me make some friends for life.
I miss the class-drinking sessions.
I miss the class fights.
I miss the industrial visits.
I miss the hostel, Pandita Ramabai Hostel, and the people there.
That's a long list of things I miss.
Seems like I've been in love, and getting over this love is not only difficult for me but also seemingly impossible. I really wish I could turn back time and re-visit the three lovely years and keep playing it back and forth. Seriously.
Signing off with a heavy heart.

3 comments:

Gentle Whispers said...

I miss "YOU" !! And am I in the pretty friend or ugly enemies category or somewhere in between. I'm quite confused.

Other than that, as I read down your post, I was overtaken by an urge to do the same but then you said everything I could have possibly hoped to say.

Damn you, woman !!!!

P.S : I love you

Gentle Whispers said...

Also, after some thinking I found a lot of things I could say. So check it out.

Mynie said...

Ah thanks a lot honey! I miss you too! Miss you, miss you, miss you