Monday 18 August 2008

Lost, quite so

Is it dusk or dawn?
The Sun's on the horizon.
Is he raising his above to cheer the world,
Or dipping himself into the ocean to bring on gloom?

I hope to see light.
I hope to feel warm.
The cold is pricking.
Leaving me numb outside.
And inside.

The mist isn't clearing.
It's too tough to find the path.
There's baggage to carry along.
Baggage too dear to leave midway.
I'm afraid though that I may lose it.
I'm sure I will.

And when I would have parted with it,
I will miss its painful presence.
I will miss the habit of its searing pain.
I would be relieved, but at a cost.
A cost I am unwilling to pay.

I hope the mist clears.
Clears pretty soon.
For, I want to see.
See the world clearly.


3 comments:

Ace said...

Yippeeeee!!!! The poetess is back!!! I told you she would! The exile was only temporary! :D

Gentle Whispers said...

Yeah, your back!! Sighhh. Why can't I write poetry?

Mynie said...

@gentle whispers
You can write poems too. You just have to get into the mood. It's like drinking water, you do it only when you are thirsty.
Wah, what a simile!

@ace
Yes I am back. Feels good too.