Thursday 21 August 2008

Yet another wedding

Weddings are meant to be full of fun, frolic, dance, music, songs and a zestful circle of friends and relatives to make all of it possible.
Tomorrow is my uncle's wedding. But it lacks much of what goes into weddings. My grand pa's demise earlier this month has put a dampener of sorts on all preparations. The mood is still glum. Nobody is really keen on dressing up for the wedding, nobody's keen on looking good, nobody's even keen on setting up a great venue. By the looks of it, the wedding will just be a formality. Tie the knot, have meals and head home.
However, I really hope people cheer up by tomorrow. It's the only day of my uncle's life that would see him go through the wedding vows, the only day that will ensure that he enters another phase of his life, the only day when he publicly declares his married life.
I hope for the best. Hope for all the fun and frolic, song and dance. For, there's no way the day will return, once it's gone by.

5 comments:

Ace said...

It is indeed sweet of you to wish for some fun and cheer at your uncle's wedding inspite of all the gloom, to make your uncle's special day memorable. Quite thoughtful. :)

Gentle Whispers said...

Very thoughtful you are. :D.

P.S : Call me. I have an interesting story to tell you.

Ace said...

Yeah? Tell me too! :P

Mynie said...

@gentle whispers
Called you to know the interesting story, but someone's busy playing the 'Game of Life.'Whatever. Ugh.

@ace
I can be thoughtful now and then :p

Gentle Whispers said...

@ Ace : Ummmm...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO