Friday 15 August 2008

Morning blues

The past few days have been hectic because of my schedule. I have to wake up early in the morning, six-ish and be off to work. Then after running around for a while, I reach office and begin work of another kind. I stay till late night and return home by eleven or twelve with time left only to eat a little, watch some TV and sleep. Before I realise I am asleep, the alarm rings and I can't believe the cycle will continue.
I hate waking up early in the morning. I hate waking up before my sleep is fulfilled. A perfect start to the day is when I wake up all by myself, without a silly alarm buzzing by my side. I hate putting the alarm on snooze mode a hundred times before I actually make the attempt to step out of bed. And the rains just make it even more difficult. It just seems apt to snuggle up in my quilt and sleep till I see the sun peeping out from the cloudy skies. I would love to sleep till I finish dreaming about the pleasant things in my life (not that there are many of those right now). But I wish to wake up and think about my dreams while I am brushing my teeth. Recount them, try and make sense of them and then have some great fruit juice and healthy breakfast to start off my day.
That would make me feel less cranky than what I am feeling right now sitting in office on Independence Day. Working my ass off on a day that is the beginning of a long weekend for the rest of the world. Forget the weekend, I am working seven days this week. I want to find where the labour union cell is in the office.
There are three people in office right now, including me. The other two are from the housekeeping, who will leave in an hour to go home. But I will have to stay here and hunt for some juicy stories and put them on page and wait endlessly till the page gets done. Who gives a fuck, I doubt anyone even reads the paper these days! (Had it been some other day, I would have attacked this stand, but not today)
I have begun to doubt whether I have a life at all. I want a long weekend too. I want to spend time at home watching the parade on DD1 like the rest of them or even sleep cosily till it's afternoon and wake up for lunch. Watch a movie, eat out, meet all the people I love meeting. Do all the things I love doing.
But, NO! I can't because I seriously don't have a life.

P.S.: I'm sorry about all the cribbing. Had to get it out. I don't want to curse my state aloud and sound like a retard in my work place where I am hardly a week old. The two janitors will surely freak out.

3 comments:

Ace said...

oh you poor thing!!! why aren't you online on gchat these days?

Mynie said...

Thank you for all the sympathy. My office has blocked gchat. That's why I am not online these days.

Gentle Whispers said...

I know how you feel. Not one month done and i'm already tired of the rigidity of my routine.